The past two months have been SO BUSY with preparations for the Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philly. And now that it’s only 3 days away (I can’t believe it!), I’m so extremely excited for it. I have no idea what to expect which makes me nervous and excited and happy all at the same time.
Tag Archives: Art Star Craft Bazaar
This post is going to be the mother of all updates! How long have I been MIA now? …Where to start? Ok, well, a lot of my time has been taken up by sewing. I applied to be part of the Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philly this Spring (which is a juried craft fair) and actually made it!
Not that I’m not confident in my work but I try not to get too hopeful about things because, as much as I hate to admit it, I can let defeat get to me sometimes. I’ve been saying for YEARS that I wanted to be a vendor there. Steve and I discussed it and decided that if I really want to take the next step with this business venture of mine, the investment would be worth it. It could go extremely well or horribly wrong; I’m not really going into it with any expectations because, like I said, I let defeat get to me. I’d say I’m pretty neutral about the whole thing which I guess would sound bad to some of you but I’m neutral erring on the side of positive. Ha!
After I found out I was accepted I went on a hunt for fabrics to create all new bags for the show (same designs– with one new one to be revealed at the fair– but different colors and prints). My mom, who used to hand sew things back in the day, told me about this gem of a fabric store. Needless to say, I scored big time when we went there!
I’ve been working on the new pintuck bags and bow clutches to get all of the smaller stuff done and out of the way.
I’ve made a decent amount of progress but boy is it HARD trying to prepare for a craft show with a (nearly) 15-month old who is now interested in walking and is zipping around the house and getting into everything. Suffice it to say, I get pulled away from projects midway through to tackle him down before he dumps the cats’ water bowl all over the floor or unrolls the entire roll of toilet paper.
Because it’s becoming harder to cut fabric and sew during Caleb’s waking hours, I’ve been allocating that time to work on smaller, less involved things. Like displays for my booth, which is number 62 if you’re planning to stop on by.
I’m sharing my booth with the lovely Sarah-Maria from Meerwiibli. I can’t wait to meet her in person, she’s been so lovely to speak to through email. She makes super fun clothing and you should check out her site. She’s also from Switzerland, which has THE BEST chocolate in the world and just makes her even more alluring than she already is on her own. 😉
The Art Star Craft Bazaar is taking place on Mother’s Day weekend at the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia on May 12th and 13th from 11am to 6pm. If you live in the area, or will be visiting the area that weekend, stop by! It’s truly an amazing fair and literally gets better and better every year. Come stop by booth #62 and introduce yourself! I’d love to meet you.
ASCB photo via. All other photos are from my Instagram feed; if you’d like to follow me as I microblog my adventures, my username is lepetithoot.
In an effort to share more and let those of you reading know more about me, I give you this list of 20 things you may or may not know about me.
- I am one of 5 children (3 brothers and a sister) but I only have one myself.
- When I was younger, my mom and I used to nurse stray cats back to health and adopt them out– which is why we probably have 3 cats and a dog.
- I fear I’ll be blind when I’m an old woman. I currently can’t see past 12 or so inches with my glasses off.
- I wish I was Japanese.
- I have a BFA in Photography but started sewing a few years ago and am on a mission to make it my full-time, permanent job.
- I was born in Philadelphia, PA but currently reside in Southern New Jersey.
- I love, love, love, love, love to bake. And cook. But especially bake.
- Fall is my favorite season with an extremely close runner-up of Spring.
- I have a (possibly unhealthy) obsession with Christmas.
- I love coffee. But gave up caffeine when I found out I was pregnant. So, only decaf for this little lady!
- Speaking of little…I’m only 5’1″.
- I tell my husband all the time that I wish I had a quick and witty sense of humor. But, alas, I make the lamest jokes ever.
- My favorite physical attribute: my eyes.
- My favorite personality attribute: my compassion.
- I’m a Bible believing Christian and I love God.
- I love my husband so very much. AND…he’s my best friend! Bonus!
- Sometimes I get scared to share on my blog.
- I’m a Class A worrier. I need God to help me with that.
- A big goal that I want to accomplish over the course of the next year: be a vendor at the Art Star Craft Bazaar.
- I was horribly, horribly shy going through high school and college. I’ve really been trying to work on that over the years. Which is why I would like to get to know you! Talk to me, ask me questions.
I don’t even really know what that title means. I don’t think it makes much sense. But for whatever reason it popped into my head and I used it as the title. I’m sure I’ll look back on this post in a few months (maybe even hours) and think, “Why? Seriously. Why?” But on with it…
I’ve been keeping myself busy trying to build up an inventory of bags for my Etsy shop (I know! What’s the point of posting my shop link if there’s nothing in it? Soon, my darlings. Soon.). I’ve also got some other things in the work. New branding, a web domain, and other good stuff on the way. I’m chugging along albeit at a very slow pace. It’s tough taking care of a baby all day, working part-time from home, and just trying to keep up with life. I usually get most of my sewing and crafting in at night after the little guy is in bed and the hubs goes to sleep. I was up one morning until 4am and another until 3. Such is the life though when you’re trying to get everything done all at once. I also hit a minor snafoo when I realized I hadn’t purchased some necessary hardware for my bags. So, I’ve been sewing together as much as I can but stopped yesterday so I don’t have random, unsewn bag pieces lying about, ready to get messed up or otherwise unorganized. My hardware should be in at some point next week (yipee! I’m so excited!) which will allow me to get going again. In the meantime, Steve and I occupied ourselves tonight with a little something called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.
And yes, I’ve just finally gotten around to watching it even though it came out so long ago. I just kept putting it off and putting it off because watching it means I’m just one more step closer to the end. I am such a loser, such a geek, and such a nerd but I’m so saddened by the coming end. I literally cry when I watch the movie trailers. (I’m not joking either…) Ask Steve. He’ll tell you. And as a side note, is that wrong? Is it wrong to be 29 years old and so emotionally involved in a book/movie series? Ugh, I can’t help it though! They’re a-maze-ing. Well, there’s some comfort in knowing that if I am a lunatic, there are others out there who are right there with me.
What do you have going on this weekend? (Yeah, this post is all over the place, isn’t it?) Steve, Caleb, and I have plans to visit Grounds for Sculpture tomorrow with some of our friends from Central Jersey. There’s some rain in the forecast but, hopefully, the weather people will be wrong as usual. It’ll be nice to get out in the open air and walk around. I’ll be sure to take some pictures! We’re also going to go to the Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philly on Sunday. Again, as long as it doesn’t rain. We went last year and it was great. This year looks like they’re going to have some new vendors along for the ride. I can’t wait! Please don’t rain, please don’t rain. Looks to possibly be a busy weekend but in a good way. Enjoy yours!