I saw this concept on Danielle‘s blog and also Julie‘s. I don’t usually do “chain mail” type things where I tag others to take part (mostly because I don’t want them to feel obligated) but I’m going to take part in this anyway. And for the ladies I tagged below, don’t feel obligated to do this if you don’t want to. I won’t take it personally. 😉 So, there are some rules to this little game:
- Post these rules
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
- Go to their blog (or Facebook or Twitter) and tell them they’ve been tagged
Here we go!
1. I have sort of a crush on John Steinbeck. He’s my most favorite, favorite, favorite author. I’ve read East of Eden three times and plan on reading it again sometime soon.
2. I’m one of five children and I’m the middle child. I have two older brothers and a younger brother and younger sister.
3. My guilty pleasure tv show is Gossip Girl (which isn’t much of a secret anymore since I’ve been telling a lot of people about my love for it lately).
4. I used to have this pink alien toy when I was about 5 or 6. It was one of my brothers’. I took it because I said he was “so ugly no one but me could ever love him.” When we moved, I wasn’t able to find him and am convinced my mom got rid of him. I still miss my alien. 😦
5. I’m a big fan of Seinfeld (so is my hubby). When we watch it, I’m usually saying the lines. Steve has never said anything about it but I’m guessing it probably drives him nuts sometimes.
6. Steve and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and have one sweet baby boy who just turned 1 at the end of January.
7. I’m obsessed with Asian culture (particularly Japanese). Steve often jokes that I’m probably the most Asian white girl in the world. I totally want to be Japanese.
8. The first concert I ever went to was New Kids on the Block (yeah, Joey McIntyre!).
9. I have a huge brown teddy bear whose name is Downey. A lot of people think it’s because of the Downy fabric softener bear but it’s not. He was named after my childhood love: Robert Downey, Jr. Ha!
10. I’m a short gal measuring in at only 5’1″. I don’t mind being short, I just wish I had longer legs.
11. I sew and bake and just love to create in general. If I could do everything I wanted to, without money or time constraints, I would make clothing and bags and sell them in a boutique that also had a coffee shop that sold sweet treats.
I’m answering the questions I saw on Julie’s post. So here are my answers!
1. What was your first job? I worked at a shop on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ called Air Circus.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Even though I’ve never been there, I feel mentally and emotionally drawn to Portland, Oregon. And because I’m obsessed with the Japanese, maybe somewhere in Japan. And possibly Hawaii.
3. At what age did you discover your passion/calling for your life? I still feel like I’m working things out. When I was a junior in high school, I knew I wanted to work in photography for a magazine (which I did do after college but was laid off from). After that, I wanted to make a living off of sewing (which I still do but am continuing to work towards).
4. If you could have any animal as your pet (no matter how absurd it might be) what would it be? A red panda or a hippo.
5. What celebrity figure would you want to hang with for a day? Hmm, probably Zooey Deschanel or Clemence Poesy.
6. What band/artist did you jam out to the most in your childhood years? MxPx and The Doors (ok, that was more like high school)
7. What’s your biggest pet-peeve? Leaving cabinet doors and drawers just slightly open. It’s not hard to close them all the way!
8. Favorite thing to do to reward yourself on a job well done? Buy myself a delicious coffee. My current fave: salted caramel mocha from Starbucks.
9. What’s your favorite TV show(s) right now? My guilty pleasure: Gossip Girl. My new obsession: Downton Abbey (even though I’ve only seen one episode). Two of my all-time favorites: Seinfeld and Someday (a Korean drama).
10. When was/is your Golden Year (day of your b-day)? I’m not sure I’m answering this question correctly, but…my birthday is March 29th. 30, here I come!
11. Last meal? Peanut butter and red plum jam sandwich.
I’m tagging Katy
, and Carly
for this little ditty. Of course, anyone can take part! Leave me a link to your post in the comments so I can get to know you better. 🙂
My questions for you:
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. If you went to college (or are currently attending), what did you major in?
3. What is your dream job (if there were no constraints to time, money, or schooling)?
4. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
5. What was the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What are your special talents/skills?
8. Who is your all-time favorite band/musician?
9. What is the craziest/most surprising thing that ever happened to you?
10. Are you a blogger? If so, what do you blog about? Why do you blog?
11. What is your worst habit? How about your best?